Saturday, January 4, 2014

WEEKLY PROJECTS

I love art. And I decided I need more of it in my life. Since I left school - not college, school - I have had very little art in my life. And that makes me sad. The reasons and excuses for this are plenty, but this is no place for them. 

So, a few months ago, I convinced myself there is no "bad art" (perfectionism sucks), and to go forth with this art adventure. Make things. DIY. Create. Learn to use a paintbrush or pick up a long neglected instrument. It will also give me an opportunity to go art supplies and stationery shopping (can you feel my excitement!!!)!? 

I'm also going to try and follow as much of "The Art Assignment" as I can. I'll watch all the episodes no doubt, but finding all of the materials for an assignment could be a problem here in Mumbai. This online series will start airing early 2014 according to their YouTube channel and will be hosted by Sarah Green (vlogbrother John Green's wife). I am excited for this!   

My definition of art henceforth:
Art = creative stuff

The Goal:
To plan and complete an art project every week and blog about it.

Let's see how long I last. I really do hope I last. The very idea of trying this out makes me happier. And anything that can lift the corner's of a person's mouth (except illegal things, duh) gets two thumbs up from me.

Join my art adventure that I'm titling as "Weekly Project" (incredibly imaginative, I know, what can I say, it's a gift).

-Ekta

No comments:

Post a Comment